Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the Lenten Season

it is now an hour and a half old

my sacrifices are weak this year
chocolate, soda

Lent isn't supposed to be about giving up little things that you'll just put back into your life as soon as these 40 days are up though. You should be taking out things that are truly bad for you, and keep them out of your life. But really I don't know what things I would take out, I don't mean to be conceited by any means, but I just don't know.

But i'm also really seriously going to add more prayer into my life, i don't do enough of it, and what better time than lent

I said that last year, and it didn't really work, pray for me, that i'm able to start praying more and keep up with it. I also need to get back into the routine of going to church. This is the first year I haven't gone literally EVERY sunday, and i've really only been going about once or twice a month. I haven't even gone to Newman Center this year. I've gone to two churches in Seattle and one in Bremerton, but not Newman. Well it doesn't matter where I go, but I just want to get back in the routine of EVERY sunday, get it? good, cause i need to get it

As for my sacrifices, jamella pointed out that i eat a lot of chocolate. I never thought anything of it, but I really do, and so she basically challenged me to do it. So when we were at Westlake on Monday we went to candy tyme and i got $18.50 worth. Mostly chocolate with a couple peanut butter malt balls and a couple rock candy strings. Tonight, I finished (with a little help from jaja) all but one pb malt ball and the rock candy, and some white chocolate. Damn thats a lot of chocolate.

For soda, we get jones a lot from the dorm, and since i started working at spaghetti factory, I drink a lot of soda during my shifts. I've taken to mixing cherry coke and root beer, its pretty tasty to me. I've always mixed my sodas though. So i'll be giving that up, water at work and more juices and milk and water at home.

As for now i must sleep and hope to be able to wake up and make it to church in the morning... good night anyone who reads this

No comments:

Post a Comment